The VON SMART© Group Exercise Program offers functional fitness classes to community members 55+ who wish to improve their strength, balance, and flexibility. Exercises can be done sitting or standing, and there are no floor or mat routines. Classes are suitable for active, healthy seniors, as well as those with mobility restrictions, arthritis, osteoporosis, or chronic illness. Emphasis is place on working at an individual pace.
Benefits of VON SMART© Programs include:
- Improve physical health, mobility, independence, and energy.
- Increase and maintain strength, coordination, balance and flexibility – which in turn help to prevent falls.
- Manage weight and improve lung and heart function.
- Help to manage chronic conditions such as high blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes, stress, arthritis, and osteoporosis.
- Provide opportunities to meet new people and socialize.