To learn more about Delta Bingo’s Charity Involvement:
VON Durham Hospice Services is a non-profit organization and BINGO volunteers are an essential part of our funding campaign. These volunteers help out at the Delta BINGO & Gaming Centre in Pickering, for community charity BINGO game sessions. The funds gained at these BINGOs directly support community programs offered through VON Durham Hospice Services.
- BINGO Shifts are 2 hours in length.
- BINGO Shifts run continuously throughout the year: Approximately 3-4 sessions per month, days & evenings, weekdays & weekends.
How do I get Involved?
Step 2: Complete Training
- Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- 2 Character Reference Checks
- Orientation Session
- Hospice Palliative Care Ontario Training (online, self-paced)
- Ontario Charity Gaming Association Training (45 min, online)
Step 3: Choose Your Bingo Shifts!
Once you have successfully completed your training as a VON Volunteer, the Volunteer Coordinator will contact you with a list of available shifts that you may choose from.
BINGO Shifts Calendar
What Can I Expect at My First BINGO Shift?
Our Volunteer Coordinator will pair you with an experienced BINGO Volunteer, who will show you the ins and outs of your first BINGO shift.
You will learn:
- Sign-in / Sign-out Procedures.
- Supporting BINGO hall staff in ensuring operations run smoothly.
- Greeting and thanking BINGO Customers for their Charitable Gaming contributions.
- How to represent VON Durham Hospice Services and share awareness about the programs and supports available in the community!
Rules and Regulations
(The Ontario Charity Gaming Association Training will review the rules and regulations in further detail)
- NO outside food/drink.
- NO cell phone use during your BINGO shift.
- NO handing of money.
- Adherence to BINGO Dress Code.
BINGO Dress Code
- Blue VON Polo (provided by VON) / White Collared Shirt
- VON ID Badge with Lanyard (provided by VON)
- Business Professional Footwear (no flip-flops / beach sandals)